Why choose Salvus Master Trust?
Salvus Master Trust is a workplace pension that is open to ALL employers.
Designed and created by leading pension administrator and consultancy Goddard Perry Group, Salvus also has a section that is used by the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) for employers entering the PPF with money purchase benefits. Salvus was designed to be not just for employers meeting their Auto Enrolment obligations but also for employers with existing pension arrangements who want to offer their employees better Value for Money. Salvus can also be used by members to consolidate any previous pensions they might have, bringing multiple pension pots under one roof.
Salvus offers a fully online integrated solution for employers including issuing statutory communications required under the Auto-enrolment regulations.
Salvus also offers all of the latest options for members who have reached retirement including:
- Take it as a cash sum
- Buy an annuity
- Draw on your pension fund as you need it
Salvus Master Trust Evolution
Salvus Master Trust
- is a Qualifying Workplace Pension Scheme (QWPS)
- is an Occupational Pension Scheme authorised and regulated by The Pensions Regulator (TPR)
- prior to be authorised by TPR, Salvus was Independently accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Master Trust Assurance Framework (MAF), click here
- governed by an entirely independent Trustee Board
- accepts all employers that wish to use it, irrespective of size
- is a full service Workplace Pension offering a default strategy and a wide range of investment options outside of the default
- allows complete flexibility introduced by the new Pension Reforms, including Cash, Annuity and Drawdown via Salvus Retirement Portal, click here for more information on Pension Freedoms
HS Administrative Services Ltd - The Administrator of Salvus Master Trust
- Wholly owned subsidiary of Goddard Perry Group
- Dedicated DB and DC administrator since 1985
- 70 staff based in Liverpool
- £3.5 bn of assets under administration
- 270,000 pension scheme members
- 20,000 participating employers
- FCA regulated and a wholly owned subsidiary of the Goddard Perry Group
- Appointed administrator to the Pension Protection Fund (PPF)
Cushon MT Limited - The Sponsor of Cushon Master Trust
- Salvus is a trading name of Cushon Master Trust
- A wholly owned subsidiary of Cushon Group Limited (Cushon)
- Cushon was founded in 2014 by a consulting actuary, offering employers and employees a range of benefits and investment options
River and Mercantile (previously P-solve)
- The Investment Advisor to Trustees of Salvus Master Trust
- FCA regulated
- A dedicated team specialising in DC investment management
- Over 15 years experience
The Trustee Board
- Ross Trustees Services Limited: represented by Roger Mattingly
Roger is the chairman of the trustees of the Cushon Master Trust. Roger holds a number of trusteeships and is chair of trustees of two other master Trusts. He is a Past President of the Society of Pension Professionals, a Fellow of the Institute of Directors and has been a member of various industry groups, including the Pensions Regulator's Stakeholder Advisory Panel and more recently as Chair of the Pensions & Lifetime Savings Association's Multi-employer Defined Benefit Committee.
- Abundzu Limited: represented by Barry Parr
Barry Parr has over 20 years of experience with a number of pension schemes and other master trusts. He is also a Trustee for a Community Land Trust providing affordable housing. Barry was a founder of the Association of Member Nominated Trustees and its Co-Chair for its first 6 years. He is a current member of the DC Asset Security industry group. Barry was accredited as a Professional Trustee (PT PMI Accred) in July 2020 and he attained the Award in Pension Trusteeship (PMI - APT - DC) in 2011.
- Independent Trustee Services Limited: represented by Dianne Day
Dianne Day is a Client Director at Independent Trustee Services Ltd (ITS). She joined ITS in 2015, specialising in defined contribution (DC) schemes. Dianne holds the PMI Certificate in DC Governance and is an accredited professional pension trustee. Her trustee experience spans DC master trusts, single employer schemes and sole trustee roles. Dianne applies over 30 years’ experience in investment management and member communications to the good governance of members’ pension benefits.
- Capital Cranfield Pension Trustees Limited: represented by Andrew Warwick-Thompson
Andrew Warwick-Thompson is a proven board level operator who brings expertise in pensions regulation, the governance, and operations of occupational pension schemes, and directing their investment strategies. He is well-known industry figure through his role as Executive Director for Regulatory Policy at the Pensions Regulator, where he was responsible for formulating TPR’s regulatory policies. He is an affiliate Member of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and an Accredited Member of the Association of Professional Pension Trustees. He currently chairs the Trustee board of the Scottish Widows Master Trust and has previously chaired the hybrid Mencap Pension Plan.